A Cheese and Bacon Lovers Recipe For Spinach Bacon Quiche
This protein packed spinach bacon quiche recipe is a cheese and bacon lovers delight. It can be made with a gluten free crust. For a diabetic and keto friendly quiche recipe leave the crust off or use a vegetable crust.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
Serving Size: 1 slice
Servings per batch: 8
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Put pie shell into 9-10 inch pie pan.
- Evenly spread bacon over bottom of pie shell.
- Evenly spread spinach on top of bacon layer.
- Add shredded cheese over spinach layer.
- In the 4 cup measuring glass, combine eggs, milk and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Pour into pie over cheese.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until cheese is golden brown and center is firm.
- Remove from oven and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- This recipe can be modified very easily by using different kinds of meats and vegetables.
- Spinach is considered a superfood, because it is rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- The bacon is rich in protein.
- Bacon contains vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and B12.
- Bacon is a good source of selenium and phosphorus.
- Bacon also contains the minerals iron, magnesium, zinc and potassium.
- Monterey Jack cheese is great for melting. It is a high source of protein and calcium.
- Monterey Jack cheese also contains phosphorous, zinc, riboflavin, vitamin B12 and vitamin A.
- Milks is high in calcium and vitamin D3.
- Eggs are a complete protein and high in Omega 3.