An Icy Spicy Rich and Creamy Coffee Dessert Drink Recipe
With cinnamon, cloves and dark chocolate, this homemade coffee drink recipe is sure to be a dessert treat without all the processed sugars and syrups of other iced latte drinks.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 8 ounces
Servings per batch: 4
1/4 cup ground coffee
1- 4 inch piece stick of cinnamon
dash of Himalayan salt
3 cups whole milk
- Add coffee, cloves cinnamon and salt to milk and heavy cream, and heat in double boiler until milk is scalded.
- Strain and return to double boiler.
- Add chocolate and heat until chocolate is melted.
- Whisk until blended. I prefer my Scandanavian coil whisk.
- Combine honey and cornstarch and add gradually to chocolate mixture. Cook until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes , stirring occasionally.
- Cool slightly, then pour over egg and blend with an immersion blender.
- Pour over crushed ice in tall glasses.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.
- The caffeine in coffee increases your metabolism, but be cautious to limit intake to 1-2 servings per day.
- Coffee beans contain polyphenols, a type of antioxidant.
- Eggs are a complete protein and rich in Omega 3.
- Cloves are a rich source of manganese, help sooth the stomach and have antibacterial qualities.
- Cinnamon contains antioxidants, has anti-inflammatory qualities and may help maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants.
- Honey is a more natural substitute for other sweeteners.