Easy Delicious Nutritious Granola Bar Recipe
When you’re in a rush to grab a quick breakfast or snack, instead of sugary cereal bars from the store, make these healthy dark chocolate date nut granola bars. They taste so good, and you don’t have to feel guilty about eating them.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 2 bar
Servings per batch: 8
- Use olive oil to grease a 7 inch by 11 inch baking pan. If you use your clean fingers to do this, you can rub the excess into your hands as a moisturizer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put quick oats and nuts through a food processor. I use a small 3 cup chopper.
- Add all ingredients to mixing bowl, and mix well. I use a KitchenAide Mixer on low speed.
- Use a spatula to press mixture into the pan until it is packed down tight.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cut while still warm into 16 bars.
- Enjoy! Let cool, then cover and refrigerate remaining bars. Refrigerator life is about 2 weeks.
- This nutritious granola bar recipe can be modified very easily by using different kinds of nuts or dried fruits.
- For people with nut allergies, substitute more oats or ground seeds instead of the nuts.
- The eggs and nuts are rich in protein and Omega 3.
- Dates are a nutrient dense superfood and come dried and chopped with no added sugar.
- Oats are a healthy complex carbohydrate.
- Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants.
- Honey is a more natural substitute for other sweeteners.
- These granola bars pair great with wild berry herbal tea and apple cider vinegar. Grab some fresh fruit to go, too.