Crispy Flavorful Gluten Free Pizza Chip Recipe
Instead of reaching for some potato chips, try making dehydrated tomato pizza chips. They really do taste like pizza. This recipe is easy, flavorful, crispy, crunchy and healthy.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 24 hours- depends on dehydrator
Serving Size: 2 cups
Servings per batch: 12
- Wash tomatoes. Cut out top stems.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/4 inch flat slices.
- Lay slices on dehydrator trays.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, oregano and parmesan cheese.
- Dehydrate for approximately 24 hours rotating trays half way through. Check the instructions for drying times on your specific dehydrator.
- When dry and crispy, carefully remove from trays with sharp spatula.
- Seal in airtight containers. They should stay fresh for up to a year.
- If stored in wide mouth mason jars and vacuum sealed, these make great gifts. Food saver vacumm sealers have an attachment for wide mouth jars.
- Dehydrated tomato pizza chips are intensely flavored and make a great nutritious snack.
- Dehydrated tomatoes are a good source of vitamins C and K, iron, and the antioxidant, lycopene.
- Garlic has antiviral, anti-fungal, and antibacterial properties that can boost your immune system.
- Oregano contains fiber and can aid in digestion.
- Parmesan is a low-lactose cheese that’s high in calcium and phosphorus.