Easy Cheesy Crab Casserole Recipe
Instead of crab cakes, try this easy cheesy baked crab casserole recipe. It’s gluten free, packed with protein and delicious.
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 2 cups
Servings per batch: 8
- Use 2 Tbsp. olive oil to grease a 9 inch by 13 inch baking pan. If you use your clean fingers to do this, you can rub the excess into your hands as a moisturizer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil and remaining ingredients to mixing bowl, and mix well.
- Use a spatula to press mixture into the pan and level the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Serve while hot, and enjoy.
- This recipe is shown paired with steamed asparagus, but my favorite way to have asparagus is sauteed in a cast iron pan with olive oil and diced garlic.
- This recipe can be modified very easily by using different kinds of fish or cheeses.
- Crab meat is rich in vitamins and minerals, low in fat and contains Omega-3 polyunsaturated acids.
- Eggs are a complete protein and rich in Omega 3.
- Olive oil is rich in vitamin E and healthy monounsaturated fats.
- Cheese is a great source of calciumand protein. It also contains high amounts of vitamins A, K-2 and B-12, along with zinc, phosphorus, and riboflavin.
- In addition to containins vitamins and minerals, onions contain cancer fighting antioxidants, have antibacterial properties and may help detox your body.
- Pimento peppers are loaded with vitamins A and C, powerful antioxidants that promote a healthy immune system. They also contain a good amount of B6 and folate (vitamin B9).